Skip to main content

A Bit of a Story


Hello! :)

I know Fika Baku is a weird name, so I first want to explain it a bit--it's not just two random words, promise!

Fika (fee-kah) is the name of a plant I have sitting on my desk, named after a café called "Fika: The Swedish Coffee Bar" in New York. I went there with two friends on my birthday while waiting to have tea at the Plaza Hotel.

If you've seen, read, or heard of Eloise, you'll know about the Plaza Hotel!
(if you don't, no worries, look here if you're curious: https://www.theplazany.com/eloise/)

The tea room at the Plaza Hotel

Baku (bah-koo) is the name of a small stuffed cat I also have sitting on my desk. I got it with two other friends at Barnes & Noble because, well, they were extremely cute! One of friend named their cat "Salem" after a tv show character's cat that looked like hers. The other named her's "Domenico" after a vampire in something she was reading.

They told me I had to keep with the supernatural theme, so (while sitting on the couch, watching Barbie movies, and eating popsicles, as one does) we all googled names and came across a Japanese demon named "Baku," so we went with that.

Anyway, both Fika and Baku sit on my desk, so when I was first creating this blog and I found myself blanking for a name, I looked over to my right and thought Hey! Why not? I'll call it Fika Baku, I can always change it later... it'll be my Lorem Ipsum. 

Buuuut, according to a classmate, we aren’t supposed to change our names once we picked one. Plus, I already shared the web address with the class so I couldn't exactly change it  :/

Oh well, going with the title "Fika Baku" gives my blog a (kind of) cool backstory!

Anyway, welcome to Fika Baku! :)

Comments

  1. Your layout and your writing is very cute, A topic that you could do is places to visit with your friends since you mentioned a cafe in your intro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the aesthetic of your blog! (also Eloise used to be one of my favorite movies so I got excited when you mentioned it) And Fika Baku is cute anyway, even if it wasn't supposed to be the title. As a fellow boba-lover, I'm excited to check out your next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you introduced your blog and its name; it definitely made it more clear for me why you chose it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog name so much! Can't wait for more content!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The theme is really cute. I'm interested to see what else you post:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "hello my bobas" lol it really gives your blog character. the ~aesthetic~ though...gosh this is so adorable, please insert pictures of Fika and Baku!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your aesthetic! It really caught my attention, especially the bubble tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the aesthetic of your blog! I am happy to be one of your bobas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Disharee Ghosh DastidarSeptember 30, 2019 at 10:32 PM

    FIKA!!! THE SWEDISH COFFEE BAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Learned From My First Semester of College

 Hello! :) As I am writing this, my first semester of college is, sadly, coming to a close in just over a week. Surprisingly, though, I have a lot of free time these days. My friends all live in different dorms and my roommate is currently in quarantine (don't worry, neither of us has corona), so it leaves me with a lot of time to myself.  In between watching K-dramas, scrolling endlessly through TikTok, and having solo dance parties in my dorm, I've thought a lot about my first semester of college. College so far has been both a blessing and a curse. A lot of things have happened to me since I arrived, many of which I've learned some hard lessons from. With that being said, I wanted to share a few of the things I've learned in hopes of inspiring someone who reads this or maybe helping any fellow college freshman realize they are not alone. 1. First, I've learned your problems will not go away in a new place, but a new place can give you a better mindset to deal wit...

OOTW - Spring Edition ❀

❀  ❀  ❀ Hello! :) Today I offer "Outfits of the Week - Spring Edition"! This will consist of spring outfits for school days, which I know this isn't really relevant to the times these days, but maybe we can all just pretend we still have something to dress up for everyday. Usually at this time, the weather is weird and nature can't decide if it still wants to stay in winter or move onto spring (it was literally snowing the other day??). Because of this, choosing outfits is *especially* hard!  So, for this post, I will show some casual, everyday outfits you can wear each day of the week (again, only school days) and some tips on how to transition from a winter to spring wardrobe. Let's begin!  ❀  Monday: We Had Homework? On Mondays, let's be real, no one wants to put any effort into their outfit. Even if you had time the night before to think about what you want to wear, you will probably still choose on the comfier side of things. At school, you're def...

7 Days of BTS pt. 1

Hello! :) Today's post is an  e x c i t i n g  one let me tell you! Well, exciting for me at least, hopefully you guys will enjoy this as much as I did! Ok so, my favorite k-pop group of all time, BTS, has 7 members, so while brainstorming for this blog post I thought WOAH what if I recreate each of their styles on each day of the week? You know how some YouTubers/Influencers/whatever will do "Outfits of the Week"? Well, this is like that! A combination of a celebrity recreation post and an OOTW post. However, because there are so many members of BTS and in order to not make this post longer than the Nile River, I decided to split this post up into two parts. For this first part, Alek (from  Beauty Overload ) and I decided to do a collaboration! She so wonderfully agreed to style, model, and photograph these outfit recreations with me and I helped her out on her blog post for this week, too, so go check it out after you read! Also, if you are unfamiliar with BTS...