Skip to main content

A Classic Halloween

Hello! :)

GUESS WHAT

It's my favorite time of the year.

HALLOWEEN!!

I have way too much fun each year making costumes, carving scary pumpkins, and going trick-or-treating. Sooooo in honor of The Best Holiday, I thought I'd show you guys my Halloween costume!

Usually I go all out and start planning in, like, August and I make everything from scratch because that's what I love to do :) (my kids are going to have awesome DIY costumes, just saying) Unfortunately, things didn't really work out this year. I didn't have much time to make much clothing wise, so I focused my costume around the makeup, since that needs less prep, and used clothing that I already had/had made.

So what was I might you ask?

This year I went back to the classics: I was a vampire!

I thought it was perfect because it's so classic that no one really does it anymore and therefore, makes it unique again! The same goes for the classic white-sheet ghosts, Frankensteins, zombies, werewolves, and witches. Well maybe not witches so much, but when was the last time you saw a kids with a white sheet over his head and two eyes cut out on Halloween? It's been a while? Yeah? That's what I thought.

So classic, it's unique!

Anyway, let's start with the makeup, shall we?

Makeup is also fashion everyone!

The makeup, like I said, was the part that took the most time and was the most important part of this costume. The KEY item for any vampire costume is the fangs and the blood, so you best bet I went out the night before Halloween to buy some fangs and blood. I think the fangs turned out pretty cool (although I kept getting lipstick on them). However, you may be asking, why don't I see any fake blood here?

WELL

I bought the wrong kind of blood. I bought blood capsules, which is thinner, more liquid blood that is safe to put in your mouth and is more travel-sized, when I should have bought theatrical blood, which dries faster and thicker and can create that perfect vampire blood drip. So, instead of using fake blood, I just smeared my lipstick down a bit. Honestly, my lipstick looked more like blood than the fake blood I bought. Plus, I had the fangs, so you could still tell I was a vampire, even without the blood.

WOWWW I look actually dead in this picture

For my skin, Sephora had given me a foundation that was too light for my skin (how is that possible, I know? I'm paler than White-Out...), so I used that, the power of the flash, and bad lighting to get that pale, dead vampire look in this picture.

For my eyes, I slapped on some black, brown, and purple eye shadow to contrast the pale skin and make me look dead.

For my hair, I brushed it back and put a black headband that I felt fit the whole concept.

And finally, for my accessories, I just used dark red teardrop earrings to match the lipstick.



I think despite the fact that I pulled this together last-minute, it turned out pretty good! Just because you don't have a lot of time, or maybe a lot of materials, doesn't mean that things will turn out bad everyone!

Finally, let's get into what I wore!

I think this turtle neck has been featured in every post so far.
I’m not kidding when I say that black turtle necks are SO versatile!

You might be able to see the top better in the previous picture, but here you go! 

I wore a black jean skirt, since it was VERY unseasonably warm this Halloween, a black turtle neck, and my favorite black platform sneakers. My sneakers got so muddy from this night, I still need to clean them... My cape is something I found on top of my closet that 13 year old me made out of a velvet cape and black dress, way back when, when I didn't have a sewing machine. 

Needless to say, if you look close enough, you can see the really rough stitching I did along the sleeves. 

But since you only really wear your costume on Halloween for a few hours, it was good enough for me. The body and bow at the neck are from the base of the cape and the sleeves are sheer, made from the outer layer of a dress. 

Okay everyone that was my Halloween costume breakdown! Keep an eye out for the next post, it's a fun one ;)

That's all for today!

Bye everyone :)

Comments

  1. I love the costume!, A lot of people are vampires on Halloween, but you took it on a different approach, which is very classy and creative!. I can't wait till your next post! P.S You nice, keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You're so dedicated to fashion, it's amazing, and honestly you can really pull off all these looks amazingly! Can't wait for more content :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those earrings and the way you mix your own style into costumes instead of just store bought ones! Black turtlenecks for the win thoughhh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and yessss black turtlenecks FOR. THE. WIN.
      there may or may not be another one in my next post OOP

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Learned From My First Semester of College

 Hello! :) As I am writing this, my first semester of college is, sadly, coming to a close in just over a week. Surprisingly, though, I have a lot of free time these days. My friends all live in different dorms and my roommate is currently in quarantine (don't worry, neither of us has corona), so it leaves me with a lot of time to myself.  In between watching K-dramas, scrolling endlessly through TikTok, and having solo dance parties in my dorm, I've thought a lot about my first semester of college. College so far has been both a blessing and a curse. A lot of things have happened to me since I arrived, many of which I've learned some hard lessons from. With that being said, I wanted to share a few of the things I've learned in hopes of inspiring someone who reads this or maybe helping any fellow college freshman realize they are not alone. 1. First, I've learned your problems will not go away in a new place, but a new place can give you a better mindset to deal wit...

OOTW - Spring Edition ❀

❀  ❀  ❀ Hello! :) Today I offer "Outfits of the Week - Spring Edition"! This will consist of spring outfits for school days, which I know this isn't really relevant to the times these days, but maybe we can all just pretend we still have something to dress up for everyday. Usually at this time, the weather is weird and nature can't decide if it still wants to stay in winter or move onto spring (it was literally snowing the other day??). Because of this, choosing outfits is *especially* hard!  So, for this post, I will show some casual, everyday outfits you can wear each day of the week (again, only school days) and some tips on how to transition from a winter to spring wardrobe. Let's begin!  ❀  Monday: We Had Homework? On Mondays, let's be real, no one wants to put any effort into their outfit. Even if you had time the night before to think about what you want to wear, you will probably still choose on the comfier side of things. At school, you're def...

7 Days of BTS pt. 1

Hello! :) Today's post is an  e x c i t i n g  one let me tell you! Well, exciting for me at least, hopefully you guys will enjoy this as much as I did! Ok so, my favorite k-pop group of all time, BTS, has 7 members, so while brainstorming for this blog post I thought WOAH what if I recreate each of their styles on each day of the week? You know how some YouTubers/Influencers/whatever will do "Outfits of the Week"? Well, this is like that! A combination of a celebrity recreation post and an OOTW post. However, because there are so many members of BTS and in order to not make this post longer than the Nile River, I decided to split this post up into two parts. For this first part, Alek (from  Beauty Overload ) and I decided to do a collaboration! She so wonderfully agreed to style, model, and photograph these outfit recreations with me and I helped her out on her blog post for this week, too, so go check it out after you read! Also, if you are unfamiliar with BTS...