Hello! :)
Welcome BACK to another Blog Post At 1AM.
Today, I am showing you guys my ~creation inspiration~ (if you couldn't tell from the title). Now what does this mean?
Over the past who-knows-how-many years I have a lot of pieces I have created. As you know by now, I love doing alterations to literally anything I can find. Not just re-sizing or hemming pants, but painting on things, designing things, adding things, removing things, tearing things apart and putting them back together as something new things.
So, I have decided to compile a few of the things I have done including ones I just completed an hour ago, to those I created a few years ago when I was first learning how to use a sewing machine! In total, there are 5 things and for each I will post what inspired me to create them!
Let's begin!
First, my creation:
First, a few bracelets!
I've never been really much of a bracelet person because most bracelets dangle too much and make way too much noise whenever I move my hands. I prefer them to be fitted!
So, when I stumbled upon a beautifully minimalist, yet statemented set of bracelets worn by none other than one of my style inspirations, I knew I had to recreate them!
After finding some string/yarn/beads I made these bracelets about a week ago. Turns out, my knowledge of friendship bracelet making from all the years of summer camp my parents put me through ended up serving me well.
These photos were ones I found on Instagram and had saved in my "Style" folder for WHO knows how long, up until about a week ago when I thought they would be super fun to use in a post!
You'll notice a lot of my inspiration comes from posts I found on Instagram and saved (although I don't always make many of them).
Next, some shoe inspiration!
I found this photo, again, on Instagram and saved it under my "Art" folder. During one family road trip, my brother leaned over and asked me "Hey wanna paint me those shoes" and of course I said "No" and he said "Why not" and I say "I don't want to" and then of course everyone else in the car erupts in "You won't make your brother shoes?" "Be nice" "Awwww c'mon" "It won't hurt you to be a good sister" so then they bought these white Vans and two days later, the painting began.
I think they turned out pretty cool and my brother liked them too! I actually had some fun buying new paint brushes since all of mine were really big.
Third, I have some pants!
These are my very first item of clothing that I made 100% scratch! My inspiration for these was from a video I found on Instagram ages ago. However, I lost the video when I accidentally deleted the folder they were in, so I can't show you the original inspiration!
Instead, I will just show the pants and the outfit I made with them and explain how they were made.
VOILA.
THE PANTS.
They are made from a stiff blue fabric with little gold flecks and white streaks. In the beginning, I didn't like the material I picked because I didn't like the way it fell, but I think I have grown to like it now! There are still some parts of it that I could have done better, but for my first time, I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish!
In the end, I learned a lot from these pants and I hope I will get around to fixing them soon so they can look even better and I can wear them out and about!
Item #3 is something I made just a few hours ago, actually!
Did I go thrift shopping and pick up a child's XL navy blue shirt originally from the Children's Place in the male section of the store?
Yes. Yes I did.
The inspiration for this one came from a really cute shirt online. I could have just bought the shirt, but I figured I could have a little fun making it myself!
On the right are the shirts I fond online that I liked, and on the left is a template I found online to help me in making this shirt.
After free-handing a sketch, painting a base coat in white, and then layering over red, orange, blue, and gold, I ended up with this design:
The original idea of this shirt was to do two dragons. One where it is now, and other horizontally inverted and flipped upside down so it fit next to the other dragon, but due to time constraints, I only did one dragon.
To fill the other side of empty space, I put "The Great Dragon" into Google Translate and painted the Japanese words on. I hope the translation is correct...
Finally, the last, and my favorite piece!
The inspiration came from an idol named Hongjoong from the group ATEEZ. Turns out, he also enjoys altering clothes and shoes like I do!!! I was so so so beyond excited to find out that someone who I love and look up to so much shares a similar interest as me!
He posted these photos a while ago of a jacket he had made and wore for a their Horizon Dance Practice Video.
(Horizon is a song on their latest album TREASURE EPILOGUE: Action to Answer)
As soon as I saw these photos I KNEW I had to recreate this in my own style!
So, while on a thrift store adventure, I bought this green bomber jacket that had black velvet laced through metal eyelets on the front and back (you can see in photos later on). I removed the eyelets running down the back, so that I could paint the words across and splatter some yellow paint and stars.
I chose a green jacket because the only options were maroon or green, so I went with green, as it matches the style I was going for more.
If you can see in his photos, he also includes the group's name "ATEEZ" on the bottom left corner, and hatch marks in the top right shoulder.
To create more fluidity and originality, I incorporated these on the front of the jacket:
You can see the metal eyelets here! I decided to leave the front ones attached instead of cutting them off.
Then, I put their group name on the sleeve and made hatches inside the eyelets on the front (so proud of thinking of that one). I also brought the yellow flecks around to the front of the jacket and down the sleeve a bit to tie it together!
And finally, to add a little something extra, I wrote out the song title "Horizon" on the outer pocket of the sleeve and added the yellow splashes around it, too.
I am also fortunate enough to have gotten tickets to see them in concert in April so I am definitely going to wear this jacket with a yellow bandanna on my belt loop like Hongjoong!
That's all everyone! Thank you for seeing some of my creations I have done over years and I hope you found my inspirations interesting., I think we really can get inspiration from anywhere and I wish for all of you to act upon your inspirations because amazing things can come from it!
That's all for today!
Bye everyone :)
Welcome BACK to another Blog Post At 1AM.
Today, I am showing you guys my ~creation inspiration~ (if you couldn't tell from the title). Now what does this mean?
Over the past who-knows-how-many years I have a lot of pieces I have created. As you know by now, I love doing alterations to literally anything I can find. Not just re-sizing or hemming pants, but painting on things, designing things, adding things, removing things, tearing things apart and putting them back together as something new things.
So, I have decided to compile a few of the things I have done including ones I just completed an hour ago, to those I created a few years ago when I was first learning how to use a sewing machine! In total, there are 5 things and for each I will post what inspired me to create them!
Let's begin!
First, my creation:
| don't ask why my hands are so red, this photo gave me a hard time when I was editting |
First, a few bracelets!
I've never been really much of a bracelet person because most bracelets dangle too much and make way too much noise whenever I move my hands. I prefer them to be fitted!
So, when I stumbled upon a beautifully minimalist, yet statemented set of bracelets worn by none other than one of my style inspirations, I knew I had to recreate them!
These photos were ones I found on Instagram and had saved in my "Style" folder for WHO knows how long, up until about a week ago when I thought they would be super fun to use in a post!
You'll notice a lot of my inspiration comes from posts I found on Instagram and saved (although I don't always make many of them).
Next, some shoe inspiration!
I found this photo, again, on Instagram and saved it under my "Art" folder. During one family road trip, my brother leaned over and asked me "Hey wanna paint me those shoes" and of course I said "No" and he said "Why not" and I say "I don't want to" and then of course everyone else in the car erupts in "You won't make your brother shoes?" "Be nice" "Awwww c'mon" "It won't hurt you to be a good sister" so then they bought these white Vans and two days later, the painting began.
| he wanted purple and red so I changed the colors |
I think they turned out pretty cool and my brother liked them too! I actually had some fun buying new paint brushes since all of mine were really big.
Third, I have some pants!
These are my very first item of clothing that I made 100% scratch! My inspiration for these was from a video I found on Instagram ages ago. However, I lost the video when I accidentally deleted the folder they were in, so I can't show you the original inspiration!
Instead, I will just show the pants and the outfit I made with them and explain how they were made.
VOILA.
THE PANTS.
They are made from a stiff blue fabric with little gold flecks and white streaks. In the beginning, I didn't like the material I picked because I didn't like the way it fell, but I think I have grown to like it now! There are still some parts of it that I could have done better, but for my first time, I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish!
In the end, I learned a lot from these pants and I hope I will get around to fixing them soon so they can look even better and I can wear them out and about!
Item #3 is something I made just a few hours ago, actually!
| Bringing the J-Hope pants back!! |
Did I go thrift shopping and pick up a child's XL navy blue shirt originally from the Children's Place in the male section of the store?
Yes. Yes I did.
The inspiration for this one came from a really cute shirt online. I could have just bought the shirt, but I figured I could have a little fun making it myself!
On the right are the shirts I fond online that I liked, and on the left is a template I found online to help me in making this shirt.
After free-handing a sketch, painting a base coat in white, and then layering over red, orange, blue, and gold, I ended up with this design:
The original idea of this shirt was to do two dragons. One where it is now, and other horizontally inverted and flipped upside down so it fit next to the other dragon, but due to time constraints, I only did one dragon.
To fill the other side of empty space, I put "The Great Dragon" into Google Translate and painted the Japanese words on. I hope the translation is correct...
Finally, the last, and my favorite piece!
The inspiration came from an idol named Hongjoong from the group ATEEZ. Turns out, he also enjoys altering clothes and shoes like I do!!! I was so so so beyond excited to find out that someone who I love and look up to so much shares a similar interest as me!
He posted these photos a while ago of a jacket he had made and wore for a their Horizon Dance Practice Video.
(Horizon is a song on their latest album TREASURE EPILOGUE: Action to Answer)
| "Now you gonna take me there" are lyrics from their song "Horizon" |
As soon as I saw these photos I KNEW I had to recreate this in my own style!
So, while on a thrift store adventure, I bought this green bomber jacket that had black velvet laced through metal eyelets on the front and back (you can see in photos later on). I removed the eyelets running down the back, so that I could paint the words across and splatter some yellow paint and stars.
| I used the eyelets and the velvet ribbon to make a cool choker! Never waste material!! |
I chose a green jacket because the only options were maroon or green, so I went with green, as it matches the style I was going for more.
If you can see in his photos, he also includes the group's name "ATEEZ" on the bottom left corner, and hatch marks in the top right shoulder.
To create more fluidity and originality, I incorporated these on the front of the jacket:
You can see the metal eyelets here! I decided to leave the front ones attached instead of cutting them off.
Then, I put their group name on the sleeve and made hatches inside the eyelets on the front (so proud of thinking of that one). I also brought the yellow flecks around to the front of the jacket and down the sleeve a bit to tie it together!
And finally, to add a little something extra, I wrote out the song title "Horizon" on the outer pocket of the sleeve and added the yellow splashes around it, too.
I am also fortunate enough to have gotten tickets to see them in concert in April so I am definitely going to wear this jacket with a yellow bandanna on my belt loop like Hongjoong!
That's all everyone! Thank you for seeing some of my creations I have done over years and I hope you found my inspirations interesting., I think we really can get inspiration from anywhere and I wish for all of you to act upon your inspirations because amazing things can come from it!
That's all for today!
Bye everyone :)

You are such a talented person, Holy crap!, can I be you!. But on a serious note, this by far would have to be one of my favorite posts so far. Your pieces are so cute and unique. I really love the Ateez jacket! and I related a lot to that, like having a Idol that literally is you. What I found really cool is that you grabbed inspiration from other things, but still made it your own. Even though you did not want do some of these pieces, they all turned out so perfect!. Like I said you are sooo Talented and adorable. I truly can't wait for your next post. P.S You nice, Keep going.
ReplyDeleteThis is so cool!! Not only are you incredibly stylish but your art skills are AMAZIIIIING! On a different note, when you talked about your brother and him asking for you to paint the shoes I felt that WITHIN MY SOUL AHAHHA and the shoes turned out so so so cool omg! Literally all these pieces are so cute and I might just have to start altering my clothes! Great pooost :)
ReplyDeleteI love the pants! I honestly can't believe you made that I could never
ReplyDeleteThose shoes you made for your brother are so cool!! I've been wanting to diy a pair of my own and I really like those so I might just do something like that too :)
ReplyDeleteI love the aesthetic so much!!!! and How are you so talented?!
DeleteI would so wear everything that you put on this blog (even if it didn't look super amazing on me). I just like the quality and style and if I were in an actual store I would definitely try those on and buy them IMMEDIATELY. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see more of your amazing creations.
ReplyDelete