Hello! :)
At first, I didn't know what I was going to do with them, and I thought about returning them, but I realized there are so many way to wear them! You can use them for nose rings, lips rings, cuffs, or if you don't have any piercings, you can use these too.
My favorite way to wear the fake hoops are by putting them around the middle of my ear. I actually like it so much, I think I might get a real piercing there! And to think that if I had thrown them away, I would have never known!
I also want to point out here that if you only have one piercing and are getting bored with it, statement/bold earrings like this one look really good alone and can complete an outfit all on its own!
For these, I wore red studs to match the red bead charm on the first hoop. I like how it ties everything together!
I don't know what it is, but earrings with eyes or faces just make an outfit that much cooler and artsy. The purpose of including these here is just to show you that there are some fun earrings out there and you shouldn't be shy about it! If you think they're cool, wear them!
Honestly, this week I kind of lacked inspiration.
So, for this post I will doing something simple, but cute! I will be showing some fun ways to spice up earrings, some of my favorite earrings, and what to wear them with. I have broken it up into three categories: Weird Applies, Hoops, and Statement & Body Parts.
You'll see what these mean when I get into it!
Please enjoy some of these cute/ fun earrings! I tried to include things for people with all types of piercings, from no holes to 4+ and for people with different styles of earrings too. I also tried to show different shirts with the earrings, so you can see what I might pair them with. I think earrings often get overlooked, but when paired with a complimentary top, you can really show them off well!
Let's begin!
1. Weird Applies
What does weird applies mean? I mean earrings that have unique ways of putting them on, or have unique connectors, or just aren't your usual bar-in-a-hole earrings.
There's a lot in this section that works for people with no/ only one hole.
To begin, I have a chain and hoop earring.
| The gold buttons tie in the gold of the earrings, but the white balances it out and makes it looks more put together and classy. Also I am so proud of this cover photo |
Now, this looks like a lot doesn't it? Don't be alarmed! These actually only use 1-2 holes. The hoops around the center of the ear is not a piercing, but a clip-on, which makes it look like you have more piercings than you do. The chain layers also make it look like you have a lot of piercings too! I paired it with a matching drip earring in the first hole to add layers, but you can also just use one hole.
If you wish you had more piercings, chains and clip-on hoops are a great way to add more without actually having more!
People often bash fake earrings, but I think they're WAY underrated. Not too long ago, I accidentally bought a set of fake hoops, but they ended up being sooo versatile because you can wear them in places you don't have a piercing.
![]() |
| The set I bought :) |
At first, I didn't know what I was going to do with them, and I thought about returning them, but I realized there are so many way to wear them! You can use them for nose rings, lips rings, cuffs, or if you don't have any piercings, you can use these too.
Needless to say, I kept them.
![]() |
| The earrings are more simple, so a flowy off the shoulders top helps give the outfit some flare |
My favorite way to wear the fake hoops are by putting them around the middle of my ear. I actually like it so much, I think I might get a real piercing there! And to think that if I had thrown them away, I would have never known!
Moral of the Story: Everything has a purpose and can be used. Don't throw things away.
![]() |
| They are quite comfortable to wear too! |
And if you're curious, the flat part retracts back into the hoop to create the opening.
The next earring I have to show are climbers!
Climbers only use one hole, but also make it look like you have more piercings than you do! I also want to point out that even if you have a bunch of piercings, it doesn't mean you have to use all of them everyday. Sometimes, less is more!
Lastly, some fun ones!
I have cherry earrings!
![]() |
| A cherry shirt to go with the cherry earrings! |
Can you see the shirt?? It says "Mon Cheri" and has pictures of cherries all around it.
I bought these earrings specifically for this shirt.
What makes these a weird apply is that the fruit actually comes off of the step like a Maraschino Cherry does, and you have to put the whole stem through the hole.
![]() |
| You can see the shirt pattern better here! |
I also want to point out here that if you only have one piercing and are getting bored with it, statement/bold earrings like this one look really good alone and can complete an outfit all on its own!
2. Hoops
Yes, I'm giving hoops their own section.
Why? Because they are UNDERRATED.
This section is more for people with multiple piercings because I want to focus here on layering hoops.
![]() |
| A solid black top allows earrings to stand out! |
I wish I had more little hoops because I find the more hoops the better! I love when they have little charms on them too; it's like two earrings in one. If you have multiple piercings GO FOR THE HOOPS. It will really spice up your outfit.
Another fun thing I like to do with hoops is to match stud earrings with the charms on them.
![]() |
| Bonus points if it matches your shirt color too! |
For these, I wore red studs to match the red bead charm on the first hoop. I like how it ties everything together!
Another thing I want to point out is a little life hack I use with these. Because the hoops I got were really meant only for the first hole, when you try to layer them, the charms fall funny. They don't fall down, they tilt out to the side a bit, if that makes sense.
In order to make it easier for them to fall straight down, but still be secure, just bend the silver bar into a slight curve.
Finally, if you don't like/have charms, that's ok! You can mess around with patterns and thicknesses too.
Like these! A chunky brown hoop with a thin, flat hoop really makes each of them pop and stand out individually.
3. Statements & Body Parts
This is my favorite section!
I have a collection of body part earrings that I really want to show off here!
I KNOW THAT SOUNDS WEIRD BUT LOOK HOW COOL THESE ARE
![]() |
![]() |
| Bringing back the white and gold shirt |
I don't know what it is, but earrings with eyes or faces just make an outfit that much cooler and artsy. The purpose of including these here is just to show you that there are some fun earrings out there and you shouldn't be shy about it! If you think they're cool, wear them!
One of my favorites are these hand earrings:
I actually bought these at the school's art auction last year! I ended up getting into a bidding war for them and spent wayyyyy too much, but it was totally worth it. I still don't know where I am going to wear them, but the point is, it was fun to get them.
The last piece from my body part collection I will be showing are my faces!
THESE give off real artsy vibes. I paired them with a patterned green and gold shirt (to go with the green and gold earrings) and also put a solid red stud and dark green stud to match the accents on the faces.
Always look for unique ways to match earrigns! I used to just wear gold studs with these, but then I realize I could ~spice it up~ by matching the studs with the colors on the face!
Finally, I leave you with one final statement earring!
These are my DIYed ones that I HAD to include.
How to make these:
You need gold hooks, some kind of charm, and tassels.
I bought the charms from Michael's and used small gold rings to attach them to the hook, then another gold ring to attach the tassel (I use pliers for all of this!).
I love these because the tassel colors are interchangeable!
Making your own earrings is so so so much fun I would highly recommend it, especially if you're picky about earrings!
Ok I'm sure you're all tired of seeing pictures of my ears so I will end it here.
I hope you found some inspiration/ motivation to wear some funky earrings or discovered a new way to wear earrings!
That's all for today!
Bye everyone :)















Like I say every post, you are so freaking talented!! your collection of earrings is so big! I strive to have that someday, I love how you try different styles with each earring, hitting every reader's taste. I love how you put your own style of words, your true personality shows in this blog. This inspired me make my own earrings! But I will probably go to to you so you can help, LOL. I can't wait for your next blog, P.S your nice, keep going.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE earrings but I'm way too scared to wear the cool ones in public, so I wear the same basic studs almost everyday. I loved seeing all of these different combos and the statement earrings you have (I remember seeing the hands one at the art auction! Those were a hit!!), so now I really want to get into collecting more earrings. I've been wanting to get more piercings too, but since my parents won't let me at the moment, I'm considering getting the fake ones like you suggested! Thank you so much! Can't wait to see your bigger project next time! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm not a huge fan of earring but honestly I love reading your blog to help me get a sense of fashion even though I walk into school everyday with basically the same outfit.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I usually where the simplest earrings, but after reading this I want to go out and expand with more earrings. Can't wait for next blog.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your taste (as always). I've always had a fascination with earrings, but I don't really own any, so this blog was really helpful in getting inspiration and introducing me to new kinds of earrings! Also, I love the cherry earrings. They're amazing.
ReplyDelete