Hello! :)
I would like to start off today by saying how DISAPPOINTED I am.
I had a whole blog post planned out! Ideas, outfits, plan of action-- I even wrote out the entire intro AND had my notes done too.
Here's the story. I was supposed to go on the FBLA trip to Atlantic City and I figured with all these people all hanging around one hotel for 4 days, there would be SO many opportunities to see new and different styles. I was going to collect and photograph some of my favorite outfits (with permission of course) that you wouldn't usually be able to find in my blog and break down what I found, why I chose them, and what I like about them. I figured it would be a cool way to show you all something fresh and new and also incorporate different styles.
Unfortunately, corona had to step in and ruin my plan. :(
Instead, for today, I present to you a Sketchbook Tour!
I've been able to put more time into my art recently and continue an ongoing project I started late last year: a fashion sketchbook! It takes a LOT of time to physically create pieces. Instead, I decided to start sketching out the pieces I hope to make one day.
I hope you will be able to see a different side of fashion with this tour and that you won't be too disappointed I couldn't execute my original plan for today!
Let's begin!
Welcome! This is the cover :) This whole book was created, designed and binded by me. I took a piece of blue card stock paper, folded it in half, glued a smaller green paper over it, and then used a needle and some light pink thread to tie it all together. For the cherry blossoms, I used a black pen to draw the tree and branches on the paper, then used very small pieces of tissue paper and some colored pencils for the flowers.
I really like how it turned out!
When you first open the cover, I have all my tracing paper and scrap paper tucked away. I use these as my "mannequins" so I don't have to redraw the base every time. I use the note card to test colors before using them!
This was my very first sketch! I had this ugly, long, black skirt that I never wore, so I decided to make it into pants. I had fun drawing the step-by-step and sketching everything! However, as you all know by this point, nothing EVER goes according to plan no matter how much I plan and measure, so these pants (while they did fit) didn't turn out exactly how I wanted them too...
I don't really like how these next two pages turned out, but I included them anyway because it's important to show progress! Sometimes you can learn more from what you don't like than what you do like.
This was one of my first and only pages that I decorate. Most of the sketches in this book look like the first one.
I actually based this around the song Epiphany by Jin. I'm sure I like how it turned out, but it's ok; it just means there is room for improvement!
My second sketch! This one is also decorated.
I recently bought a white ink pen and I really wanted to see what I could do with it, that's where I got hte idea for this design. You'll also notice I like to add little notes to myself on the sides! You'll see those a lot in all of these sketches. Most pages are 40% drawing 60% writing.
There originally was a 3-D element to this where I included little pearl beads around the waist, but they made the pages on top bumpy, so I had to take them off. That's why it looks a little weird at the waist.
This next one is a very rough sketch. I did this super fast to show a friend an idea I had for an outfit. I wanted to show them what I was planning to wear to a concert we were going to, so I drew these two options.
I would like to start off today by saying how DISAPPOINTED I am.
I had a whole blog post planned out! Ideas, outfits, plan of action-- I even wrote out the entire intro AND had my notes done too.
Here's the story. I was supposed to go on the FBLA trip to Atlantic City and I figured with all these people all hanging around one hotel for 4 days, there would be SO many opportunities to see new and different styles. I was going to collect and photograph some of my favorite outfits (with permission of course) that you wouldn't usually be able to find in my blog and break down what I found, why I chose them, and what I like about them. I figured it would be a cool way to show you all something fresh and new and also incorporate different styles.
Unfortunately, corona had to step in and ruin my plan. :(
Instead, for today, I present to you a Sketchbook Tour!
I've been able to put more time into my art recently and continue an ongoing project I started late last year: a fashion sketchbook! It takes a LOT of time to physically create pieces. Instead, I decided to start sketching out the pieces I hope to make one day.
I hope you will be able to see a different side of fashion with this tour and that you won't be too disappointed I couldn't execute my original plan for today!
Let's begin!
![]() |
| fika and baku in the background! |
Welcome! This is the cover :) This whole book was created, designed and binded by me. I took a piece of blue card stock paper, folded it in half, glued a smaller green paper over it, and then used a needle and some light pink thread to tie it all together. For the cherry blossoms, I used a black pen to draw the tree and branches on the paper, then used very small pieces of tissue paper and some colored pencils for the flowers.
I really like how it turned out!
When you first open the cover, I have all my tracing paper and scrap paper tucked away. I use these as my "mannequins" so I don't have to redraw the base every time. I use the note card to test colors before using them!
| my poor broken nail :( |
This was my very first sketch! I had this ugly, long, black skirt that I never wore, so I decided to make it into pants. I had fun drawing the step-by-step and sketching everything! However, as you all know by this point, nothing EVER goes according to plan no matter how much I plan and measure, so these pants (while they did fit) didn't turn out exactly how I wanted them too...
This was one of my first and only pages that I decorate. Most of the sketches in this book look like the first one.
I actually based this around the song Epiphany by Jin. I'm sure I like how it turned out, but it's ok; it just means there is room for improvement!
My second sketch! This one is also decorated.
I recently bought a white ink pen and I really wanted to see what I could do with it, that's where I got hte idea for this design. You'll also notice I like to add little notes to myself on the sides! You'll see those a lot in all of these sketches. Most pages are 40% drawing 60% writing.
There originally was a 3-D element to this where I included little pearl beads around the waist, but they made the pages on top bumpy, so I had to take them off. That's why it looks a little weird at the waist.
This next one is a very rough sketch. I did this super fast to show a friend an idea I had for an outfit. I wanted to show them what I was planning to wear to a concert we were going to, so I drew these two options.
The jacket here is actually the one I presented in one of my older posts Creation Inspiration that I was supposed to wear to ATEEZ's upcoming concert in April. Their concert was postponed so now I don't know when I can wear it...
This is one of my better sketches! I love this one mostly because I finally figured out what to do with this one ugly navy blue dress I had (middle left). I sketched it out here so I wouldn't forget!
You'll also see all my notes and different styles and options I want to remind myself of. I never just have one idea, I usually have 30 variations of that one idea, so I either sketch them out or write them on the sides.
Next page! This is second to last, I'm almost done, I promise.
I also love this layout; I get better as we head towards the end of the book here. These last two pages I based around the song Kick It by NCT 127 (sorry these songs are all k-pop, this is just what I have been listening to these days). I LOVE the music video for this song so I of course had to make an outfit for it!
This is one of my more colorful pages, as you can see. This is what I wish all of my pages to look like, but I am very indecisive and can never decide on colors and such. Instead, I just write potential colors at the bottom and usually leave everything drawn in pencil.
Lastly, if you are wondering, I don't plan out these pages. I usually just start with the mannequin, draw what I'm picturing, do a large sketch of key details or prints on the sides, and then fill in the rest of the page with notes and such.
Last sketch! This is my most recent, and is currently unfinished. I need to add color and outline some key details and include more notes.
This is my most note-filled page because I had a lot of ideas for this shirt. You can see all the detail sketches at the top and all the notes at the bottom.
This page was also inspired by NCT 127's song Kick It! If you'd like to see the inspiration, you can watch the music video I linked earlier to see!
Also tucked into the page here, with the two Kick It designs, I have more tracing paper and references for the hands. I like using tracing paper for things like the mannequins and the hands because I don't want to spend too much time fretting over the base of the design. I usually just want to get right into drawing what's in my head. It saves a lot of time to have a pre-made base and to just draw over it instead.
And that is the end! Thank you for coming on this tour :)
Hopefully you enjoyed the tour! Maybe I have inspired you to start sketching too, or maybe you liked getting to see the more artistic side of fashion or maybe you enjoyed seeing my thought process. Whatever it is, I hope you liked today's post even though it was not what I originally planned :)
If I ever get the chance in the future to create these pieces in real life, I will be sure to make a post out of it to show you!
Stay tuned until then!
That's all for today!
Bye everyone :)
This is one of my better sketches! I love this one mostly because I finally figured out what to do with this one ugly navy blue dress I had (middle left). I sketched it out here so I wouldn't forget!
You'll also see all my notes and different styles and options I want to remind myself of. I never just have one idea, I usually have 30 variations of that one idea, so I either sketch them out or write them on the sides.
Another favorite!!
This was inspired by the song Dazzling Light by ATEEZ. One line from the song that always gets stuck in my head says "who you who am i." I wonder a lot about the lyrics to this song, so I decided to design this t-shirt from it! It's quite basic, but I love how the layout on this page turned out.
I also love this layout; I get better as we head towards the end of the book here. These last two pages I based around the song Kick It by NCT 127 (sorry these songs are all k-pop, this is just what I have been listening to these days). I LOVE the music video for this song so I of course had to make an outfit for it!
This is one of my more colorful pages, as you can see. This is what I wish all of my pages to look like, but I am very indecisive and can never decide on colors and such. Instead, I just write potential colors at the bottom and usually leave everything drawn in pencil.
Lastly, if you are wondering, I don't plan out these pages. I usually just start with the mannequin, draw what I'm picturing, do a large sketch of key details or prints on the sides, and then fill in the rest of the page with notes and such.
| Sorry if some of these sketches have been hard to see! I write very lightly, so it doesn't show up well in photos even though I try to edit them so you can see them easier |
Last sketch! This is my most recent, and is currently unfinished. I need to add color and outline some key details and include more notes.
This is my most note-filled page because I had a lot of ideas for this shirt. You can see all the detail sketches at the top and all the notes at the bottom.
This page was also inspired by NCT 127's song Kick It! If you'd like to see the inspiration, you can watch the music video I linked earlier to see!
Also tucked into the page here, with the two Kick It designs, I have more tracing paper and references for the hands. I like using tracing paper for things like the mannequins and the hands because I don't want to spend too much time fretting over the base of the design. I usually just want to get right into drawing what's in my head. It saves a lot of time to have a pre-made base and to just draw over it instead.
And that is the end! Thank you for coming on this tour :)
![]() |
Hopefully you enjoyed the tour! Maybe I have inspired you to start sketching too, or maybe you liked getting to see the more artistic side of fashion or maybe you enjoyed seeing my thought process. Whatever it is, I hope you liked today's post even though it was not what I originally planned :)
If I ever get the chance in the future to create these pieces in real life, I will be sure to make a post out of it to show you!
Stay tuned until then!
That's all for today!
Bye everyone :)


First, I wanted to say that you are a really good artist. Second, I love how you have different designs for each article of clothing. Lastly, I love LOVE the Kick It designed clothing. Can't wait until next blog:)
ReplyDeleteYou should be more confident when talking about your art, because holy cow all these pages look amazing!! I am really honored that you showed us this cute masterpiece, it shows how talented and unique you are. A real fashion icon!. I also love how you took other art, like music to help your ideas come out, which again is so different! I hope you make more pages and show us in another post!! P.S You nice, keep going!.
ReplyDeleteI really love the variety in your posts that stay true to your blog niche, like this is SO COOL. You're really showing that fashion is more than just the clothes you wear, its an art form. You are such a talented artist! I really hope that you get the chance to attend the concert, I'm really sorry about the postponement. Great post :)
ReplyDeleteI can't stress enough how much I wish I could try on all of those designs. Personally, I don't have a lot of variety in my wardrobe and I'm not super good at finding fashionable outfits. But this blog just makes me wish that I you as a personal stylist! You're such a good artist and you have so much talent. I love seeing all the creative things you come up with in all of your posts. Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteYour sketchbook is so neat and pretty! I also love all of these designs, and it's really interesting for me to see your thought process as you sketch. Every single page is wonderful and unique (and the mannequin tracing base is pretty clever as well).
ReplyDelete