Skip to main content

OOTW - Spring Edition ❀




❀  ❀  ❀



Hello! :)

Today I offer "Outfits of the Week - Spring Edition"! This will consist of spring outfits for school days, which I know this isn't really relevant to the times these days, but maybe we can all just pretend we still have something to dress up for everyday.

Usually at this time, the weather is weird and nature can't decide if it still wants to stay in winter or move onto spring (it was literally snowing the other day??). Because of this, choosing outfits is *especially* hard! 

So, for this post, I will show some casual, everyday outfits you can wear each day of the week (again, only school days) and some tips on how to transition from a winter to spring wardrobe.

Let's begin! 


❀ Monday: We Had Homework?

On Mondays, let's be real, no one wants to put any effort into their outfit. Even if you had time the night before to think about what you want to wear, you will probably still choose on the comfier side of things. At school, you're definitely sleep-deprive, didn't do your homework, and are consistently hungry today (I mean that's everyday, but, like, especially Mondays). So, I chose an outfit that is low-effort and comfortable, but looks like you put a lot of effort in!


This looks like a lot of work right? Nope! 

The pants are actually super stretchy and have an elastic waist, but the print makes it look like nicer. My favorite part is the cropped sweater over a longer button-up because it makes this outfit look very ~fashionable~ with the different length cuts. 

When going from winter to spring, I think a good thing to do is layer with lighter materials like these. You don't want anything too heavy because it's not winter, but in case it's a colder day, you'll want to have something to keep you warm. 

Of course, you all know that I like to always show ways to spice things up soooo...

not @ me trying to hide my broken nail oops

... I added some layered jewelry to make it look a bit more classy, but this is completely optional! You could also wear heels or play around with brighter colored clothing to add some ~pop~ too. If you're going more for comfort, I would recommend some easy white sneakers with no accessories; you will literally feel like you're wearing pajamas all day. Perfect for Mondays!


❀ Tuesday: Is It the Weekend Yet?

Tuesday is like a Fool's Friday because Monday felt so long and brutal you think "well it must be the weekend now," but NOPE. Tuesdays end up being the "easy day" for fashion because you probably slept late the night before and are still getting over weekend-mode. On Tuesdays, I'm happy if I end up with anything that isn't ugly. 

So, I offer the perfect Tuesday fit: t-shirt and jeans *clap clap clap*


For this outfit, I wore some basic high-waist jeans and my Taylor Swift Reputation Tour t-shirt because, well, it's black and easy to match with -- you can't go wrong! If you're feeling extra motivated on Tuesday, you could also wear a bandanna. I wore this one on my neck, but you could also wear it in your hair!


You could also wear the bandanna around your waist if it's long enough:


For shoes, I would wear just plain black sneakers. Honestly, those and my white sneakers are literally the only shoes I ever wear to school. They're easy to match and tie any outfit together! Also, there are no accessories because, well, it's TUESDAY. Who has time for accessories?? If you are to accessorize though, I would recommend some silver hoops.


❀ Wednesday: This Can Go Two Ways
 
At this point in the week, there are two sides: you've either realize you need to start actually kicking into gear and doing your work, or you are completely overwhelmed because for some reason everything is always due/assigned on Wednesdays (anyone else notice that like ??).

That being said, I have two outfit options for Wednesday, depending on whether you're feeling more motivated and stylish, or feeling more stressed and drowning in school work. 

For the former, I think today is a perfect day for a skirt!


Jean skirts are a MUST for spring. They go with literally EVERYTHING and look so cute but are soooo effortless. 

I chose an over-sized white t-shirt to go with the jean skirt, as it's so classic and timeless. 

Of course, this outfit needed some accessories to break up the neckline. If you're not an accessories person, then you don't have to wear any! Wearing whatever suits your style and feels comfortable for you will always be the best choice


I opted for some classic layered necklaces and rings, which also match the gold buttons on the front of the skirt. As per all of these outfits, I would wear this with some comfy white sneakers, but if you wanted to spice it up a bit, you could also wear some pretty heels! I think white shoes or cute kitten heels and socks go nice with this one. 

For the more unmotivating/stressful Wednesday, I offer another version of this outfit!


Replace the skirt with overalls! Overalls are the greatest trend of our time let me tell you. They are sooo easy and, maybe it's just me, but I always feel like a little kid when I wear overalls! They make me so happy and want to just jump around. So, if you need a bit of cheering up, I recommend overalls!

This pair is especially wonderful because it is very very over-sized and baggy.

you can see the sun slowly disappearing 
throughout these photos...

Baggy pants + over-sized t-shirt = the perfect combo. There's no need to worry about your outfit. Instead, you can focus on getting some work done!

If you're wearing these outfits to go out or something, I would recommend pairing it with a cute bag (this goes for either outfit). They will make it more "going out" and less "dying in school."

I made that blue bag on the left!!

Depending on the bag too, it can really make the outfit more fun or put-together. You can probably tell which does which in this picture.

That sums up Wednesday!


❀ Thursday: Oh I Should Probably Start Focusing On School Not My Outfits

Just like Wednesdays, everything seems to be due or assigned on Thursday. So, for Thursday, you need a power outfit! Something easy to wear, effortlessly cute, and make you feel good so you can do well in school! 


Cute! Easy! Reminds you of Rosie the Riveter! What else screams Thursday? For this outfit, I have a freshly reformed polka dot top (it got to small so I had to do some fixing), tied up, with some wide-legged jeans, and (of course) white sneakers. This look is a (almost) monochrome look which I think is SO powerful. Honestly, I can't believe I haven't discovered this outfit before because I literally love it. 

No accessories because this outfit does enough itself!


This outfit also just screams spring! Something to note: when winter starts turning to spring and the weather gets weird, I think length matters a lot. What do I mean by this? Basically, if you have short sleeves, wear pants, if you have shorts/skirt wear long sleeves. This is an easy way to transition into spring weather and still look super super cute.


❀ Friday: You're Basically the Next Covergirl *Hair flip*

On Fridays, the bad b*tch comes out. It's almost the weekend and you probably already have plans after school, so you need an outfit that you can wear to it right after. You need something effortlessly easy, breezy, and beautiful! 

And may I recommend some dresses?


Dresses are THE spring item to have. You can layer under or over if it's too hot or wear them as they are; they look SO good and are super easy to wear.

People get freaked out about dresses because the seem so "nice" or "fancy" but that is NOT always the case. A simple, patterned body-con dress like this + some chunky sneakers is SO effortless, casual, and easy to wear. 


Sneakers with dresses are my favorite combination because it tones down the outfit a lot and makes it that much more comfortable. I really wish I had a pair of those trendy chunky sneakers in, like, a light blue color or something, it would look so cool. 

Other ways to spice up this outfit (but keep the casual feel) would be to wear a chunky headband, thick hair clips, or statemented earrings!

Other than that, make sure to wear some shorts underneath and you'll be all set for an easy, breezy, and beautiful Friday!

On that note, I hope you enjoyed my OOTW - Spring Edition for school! I had fun pretending I had a reason to dress up. Taking these photos made me miss going out so much...

BUT maybe next time we have a week of in-person school, we will all have the cutest outfits!

That's all for today!

Bye everyone :)



❀  ❀  ❀

Comments

  1. I really liked this post!! When we can finally go out again I will definitely grab some inpiration from this blog. Your style is so diverse but still one direction which I think is really cool, I love how you use a lot of jewelry to spice up the outfits!, This was simple, but a perfect distraction, and VERY nice to look at. P.S you nice, keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how cool all of your bottom pieces are!! I play it way too safe when it comes to pants (aka wearing the same two pairs of jeans all the time) and seeing those striped pants, the cool flare jeans, and the cute denim skirt gave me lots of inspiration for how I could branch out. Also, your purses in the Wednesday part were SO CUTE like AHHH I want both of them! Such chic outfit choices! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Learned From My First Semester of College

 Hello! :) As I am writing this, my first semester of college is, sadly, coming to a close in just over a week. Surprisingly, though, I have a lot of free time these days. My friends all live in different dorms and my roommate is currently in quarantine (don't worry, neither of us has corona), so it leaves me with a lot of time to myself.  In between watching K-dramas, scrolling endlessly through TikTok, and having solo dance parties in my dorm, I've thought a lot about my first semester of college. College so far has been both a blessing and a curse. A lot of things have happened to me since I arrived, many of which I've learned some hard lessons from. With that being said, I wanted to share a few of the things I've learned in hopes of inspiring someone who reads this or maybe helping any fellow college freshman realize they are not alone. 1. First, I've learned your problems will not go away in a new place, but a new place can give you a better mindset to deal wit...

7 Days of BTS pt. 1

Hello! :) Today's post is an  e x c i t i n g  one let me tell you! Well, exciting for me at least, hopefully you guys will enjoy this as much as I did! Ok so, my favorite k-pop group of all time, BTS, has 7 members, so while brainstorming for this blog post I thought WOAH what if I recreate each of their styles on each day of the week? You know how some YouTubers/Influencers/whatever will do "Outfits of the Week"? Well, this is like that! A combination of a celebrity recreation post and an OOTW post. However, because there are so many members of BTS and in order to not make this post longer than the Nile River, I decided to split this post up into two parts. For this first part, Alek (from  Beauty Overload ) and I decided to do a collaboration! She so wonderfully agreed to style, model, and photograph these outfit recreations with me and I helped her out on her blog post for this week, too, so go check it out after you read! Also, if you are unfamiliar with BTS...