Skip to main content

Some of My Favorites

Hello! :)

For today's post, I want to share some people who just really inspire me in fashion, life, and mind. I talk a lot about my own fashion, but I figured with this extra time in quarantine, I could recommend some people for you to look into!

This will be less picture based and more of just chat, so I will try to keep things brief for each person!

I think these 3 people I want to show you are all very different, so hopefully you guys will be able to connect with someone who suits your style or find someone who interests you.


1. BestDressed

Up first, Ashley aka "bestdressed" on both YouTube (bestdressed) and Instagram (@best.dressed). 


A friend of mine actually recommend I check her out because she flips clothes similar to how I do! 

Needless to say, now I love keeping up with her content!

Not only is she sooooo relatable, funny, and gorgeous, but I absolutely LOVE her style and some of the things she does with her clothing. 

I mean, just LOOK at her Instagram!



I especially love the series she does on her IGTV called "What are New Yorkers Wearing?" It's a really cute idea that shows all those cool styles on the streets of New York. Plus, it's always really cool to see your inspiration's inspirations.

She also has a few videos up where she flips clothing she gets from thrift stores, which I think is super cool, if you want to check those out!


2. Kim Hongjoong

I know I have mentioned him before, but I just want to talk a little bit about why he inspires me!

He is, first and foremost, an idol from the group ATEEZ, but he is also their leader, a composer, a lyricist, a rapper, a singer, a dancer, a clothing reformer, and literally so much more. Fans are lucky enough to get to see him working so hard in everything he does, and it really just inspires me to do the same. 

He is the only celebrity (not even just in k-pop) that I have seen that reforms clothing like I do, so I really love seeing what he does. Seeing someone from a group I love much sharing the same interests as me (that I haven't seen anyone else in the spotlight do) is really just so amazing!


In general, the k-pop industry is HUGE on fashion. From stage outfits, to everyday clothing, to airport fashion, EVERYTHING is accounted for, photographed, and styled with care. It's why I find a lot of style inspiration from here. 

Hongjoong is also known among fans for going live online to simply just reform and chat with them, which I love so much. There are also many many many photos of the things he has created online!


3. Eva Gutowski

She was really popular back in, like, middle school, but I've kept up with her. And honestly? Seeing her now is SO inspiring. 


She really inspires me in mind and body, which I think are both important in fashion as well! She also has amazing style and even her own clothing line!

She is known best both on YouTube and Instagram, but I mainly keep up with her on Instagram (@mylifeaseva) and I'll explain why. 

If you take the time to read some of her captions, you'll find you really love what she has to say. She emphasizes being as true and as raw as possible to yourself and to others, which I love.

Here are some of the things I have taken away from her and want to share:

1. She's really big into film because it's a one-time thing. No edits, no retakes. It's true and real. I personality love her film account on Instagram @myliferomantic.
2. She stressed the importance of wandering over touring. When traveling, it's best to not make a plan and instead just go where your heart leads you. That way, you'll end up discovering things and places you never would have if you simply followed the crowd.
3. Many of her photos are nude (she doesn't show anything she shouldn't online don't worry). But, she says that to some, it may seem very sexual, but to her, photographing the body is a show of confidence. The body is art and being comfortable showing it shows how confident you are in it.
4. One of my favorite things she's said is "I judge how good my life is by how dirty by white clothes are."

Essentially, I love that what she says is very eye-opening and makes you think about everything a bit differently than normal.

That concludes all the people I wanted to share with you today! Hopefully, you will look more into them or maybe will start to look for your own new inspirations as well. 

I think it's always a good idea to surround yourself with people you love or who inspire you, especially on social media!

That's all for today!

Bye everyone :)

Comments

  1. I really liked this post! I actually made a similar one back in the year, and I also put bestdressed!!. I really love how different these people are, like job and personaility wise. It's very important to find your inspirations, especially with these tough times. Very cute blog, personal and very nice to read. P.S You nice, keep going.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Learned From My First Semester of College

 Hello! :) As I am writing this, my first semester of college is, sadly, coming to a close in just over a week. Surprisingly, though, I have a lot of free time these days. My friends all live in different dorms and my roommate is currently in quarantine (don't worry, neither of us has corona), so it leaves me with a lot of time to myself.  In between watching K-dramas, scrolling endlessly through TikTok, and having solo dance parties in my dorm, I've thought a lot about my first semester of college. College so far has been both a blessing and a curse. A lot of things have happened to me since I arrived, many of which I've learned some hard lessons from. With that being said, I wanted to share a few of the things I've learned in hopes of inspiring someone who reads this or maybe helping any fellow college freshman realize they are not alone. 1. First, I've learned your problems will not go away in a new place, but a new place can give you a better mindset to deal wit...

OOTW - Spring Edition ❀

❀  ❀  ❀ Hello! :) Today I offer "Outfits of the Week - Spring Edition"! This will consist of spring outfits for school days, which I know this isn't really relevant to the times these days, but maybe we can all just pretend we still have something to dress up for everyday. Usually at this time, the weather is weird and nature can't decide if it still wants to stay in winter or move onto spring (it was literally snowing the other day??). Because of this, choosing outfits is *especially* hard!  So, for this post, I will show some casual, everyday outfits you can wear each day of the week (again, only school days) and some tips on how to transition from a winter to spring wardrobe. Let's begin!  ❀  Monday: We Had Homework? On Mondays, let's be real, no one wants to put any effort into their outfit. Even if you had time the night before to think about what you want to wear, you will probably still choose on the comfier side of things. At school, you're def...

7 Days of BTS pt. 1

Hello! :) Today's post is an  e x c i t i n g  one let me tell you! Well, exciting for me at least, hopefully you guys will enjoy this as much as I did! Ok so, my favorite k-pop group of all time, BTS, has 7 members, so while brainstorming for this blog post I thought WOAH what if I recreate each of their styles on each day of the week? You know how some YouTubers/Influencers/whatever will do "Outfits of the Week"? Well, this is like that! A combination of a celebrity recreation post and an OOTW post. However, because there are so many members of BTS and in order to not make this post longer than the Nile River, I decided to split this post up into two parts. For this first part, Alek (from  Beauty Overload ) and I decided to do a collaboration! She so wonderfully agreed to style, model, and photograph these outfit recreations with me and I helped her out on her blog post for this week, too, so go check it out after you read! Also, if you are unfamiliar with BTS...