Hello! :)
Does it really all go together? I don't know. Does it LOOK like they all go together? Yup. Does it work? Yep.
Remember wayyy back when, for the very first real post for this blog, I posted "Can You Hear It?"
Well, in honor of this being the last post *wipes tear* I thought I'd bring it back!
BUT this time there's a catch! Last time, I chose a few songs that I had been listening to at that time and created outfits based on the mood and message behind those songs. THIS time, I will be creating outfits based on the RECORDS I own (get the title of this blog now?) and using the ~vast expanses of the internet~ to help me create outfits for each one.
Well... what does THAT mean?
Good thing you asked!
Basically, I made little collages to go with each album based on the art and the meaning of the album.
First, let me introduce the records.
One casual Wednesday, I decided to pop one of my records on that I hadn't listened to in a while: Ariana Grande's "sweetener".
I think a lot of people these days don't really own many physical albums, so I thought this would also be a cool way to show what these vinyls look like! Plus, they have some pretty cool art inside!
Anyways, to start this off, I want to talk a bit about what I think this album is about. To me, Ariana is at a cross roads in her life here. She's reflecting on everything that has happened to her and is laying out all her mixed feelings into songs and then putting them all into this album. Much like how the Renaissance was a time of rebirth in history, this is sort of Ariana's goodbye to the past and hello to her rebirth and future self-- that's why the inside art of the album reflects popular Renaissance art and style.
So, here is my outfit for Ariana's Renaissance:
| The collages are put together by me, using photos from pineterst. The collages are not pre-made by someone else :) |
These colors are so pretty right? I love this one.
I tried to keep things light and flowy to fit the whole idea of "freedom" and "rebirth." I also used a very nude color palette with lots of clean, solid colors to represent a "clean slate." In general, it just suits the whole vibe and aesthetic of the album!
Next, is a favorite artist of mine: AJR.
AJR is a group of three brothers: Adam, Jack, and Ryan (thus their name, AJR). This album, called The Click, is about figuring things out. They talk about figuring themselves out, through all the good and the bad, but still keep up positive energy throughout the album. A lot of people think this album, and AJR themselves, are weird, but I think that's their charm.
![]() |
| There is only this side, it doesn't open up :( |
For this outfit, I wanted it to reflect AJR's weird, yet unique style that launched them into the industry.
| Ta-da! |
Does it really all go together? I don't know. Does it LOOK like they all go together? Yup. Does it work? Yep.
I think this outfit really sums up the whole album. It's a bit childish and a bit different from your trendy outfits, but it's still COOL. Just like the album! I tried to stick with the same dark/purple color scheme and also throw in some photos that I felt matched the ~vibe~.
Finally, I have Marina and the Diamonds' Electra Heart.
This album shows different archetypes of women in popular American culture, such as a House Wife, a Beauty Queen, a Homewrecker, and an Idle Teen. Overall, the album art, the music, and the lyrics give me a very specific image that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe like a 60s diva? See for youself:
Do you see now? Very bold, yet girly, very Chanel. This is what came into my head listening to the album. Some of the pieces I found from runway photos or from famous individuals, since this album is about popular American culture! I mean, what better than to use pieces from the most popular fashions?
Honestly, I can't believe I was actually able to find pieces that all went together, but I'm glad I did because I think this captures the album well.
Okay everyone, I hope you liked looking at some of the pretty art inside three of my vinyls, as well as my own "art" in each of the outfits.
I had a lot of fun collecting and editing photos from across the internet, so I hope you liked my collages!
It's so sad this is the last blog. I don't think I will keep mine up after this, but it was fun while it lasted! Hopefully you thought so too.
That's all for this blog!
Bye everyone :)





I LOVE Marina, not a lot of people seem to listen to her anymore so it made my day to see her included in this! Will miss this blog
ReplyDelete