Skip to main content

Bringing Back the Blog


Hello and welcome back everyone :)

Today I came to announce...

...Fika Baku is coming back! Are you excited? 

Today, I just want to chat a bit. As you know, I didn't plan on keeping up FB at first. My first year of college was coming, so I didn’t want to be worried about this blog or if I would be able to post frequently enough. 

My plan was to apply for this popular magazine on campus and use that as a way to keep up with writing. So, I slaved away on my application and a few days later, I got an email saying I got accepted as a writer.

At first, I was super excited. I love this magazine and had my heart set on being a part of it ever since I binge-read everything on their website. Let me say though, my first article hasn't even been published yet, but I already know that writing under other people is NOT for me. Having to pitch an idea, get it approved, have it edited by someone, and then re edited by someone else, all before getting published is SO exhausting. It’s just not fun having to go through other people.

Plus, I found that choosing what to write about becomes 10 times more stressful. With magazine writing, everything has to be “click worthy." Brainstorming turns into a literal storm of questions and doubts: Is this idea good enough? What if the editors don't like this idea? Will people want to read this?

I couldn't help but to think back to FB. Here, I don't have to worry so much. Even though FB has been limited by grading criteria up until now, I could still be myself. And I miss that. 

Going forward, I want to use FB as a place where I can be myself, as cliche as that sounds. While it was fun writing fluffy posts and having photo shoots every week, I also want to write about college, love, reality, art, friends, loneliness, TV, beauty, life-- so many things!

College has really given me the fresh start and fresh perspective I desperately needed. I want to bring that fresh start here too.  

Welcome to the new Fika Baku. 

Until next time, 

Bye everyone :)

Comments

  1. Keep up the enthusiasm ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I wish I could write a magazine, that’s literally the job I’m going for. But I do get that annoying part of being under someone and have to go through that editing process...blogs are the best escape. We got great blogs babe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Learned From My First Semester of College

 Hello! :) As I am writing this, my first semester of college is, sadly, coming to a close in just over a week. Surprisingly, though, I have a lot of free time these days. My friends all live in different dorms and my roommate is currently in quarantine (don't worry, neither of us has corona), so it leaves me with a lot of time to myself.  In between watching K-dramas, scrolling endlessly through TikTok, and having solo dance parties in my dorm, I've thought a lot about my first semester of college. College so far has been both a blessing and a curse. A lot of things have happened to me since I arrived, many of which I've learned some hard lessons from. With that being said, I wanted to share a few of the things I've learned in hopes of inspiring someone who reads this or maybe helping any fellow college freshman realize they are not alone. 1. First, I've learned your problems will not go away in a new place, but a new place can give you a better mindset to deal wit...

OOTW - Spring Edition ❀

❀  ❀  ❀ Hello! :) Today I offer "Outfits of the Week - Spring Edition"! This will consist of spring outfits for school days, which I know this isn't really relevant to the times these days, but maybe we can all just pretend we still have something to dress up for everyday. Usually at this time, the weather is weird and nature can't decide if it still wants to stay in winter or move onto spring (it was literally snowing the other day??). Because of this, choosing outfits is *especially* hard!  So, for this post, I will show some casual, everyday outfits you can wear each day of the week (again, only school days) and some tips on how to transition from a winter to spring wardrobe. Let's begin!  ❀  Monday: We Had Homework? On Mondays, let's be real, no one wants to put any effort into their outfit. Even if you had time the night before to think about what you want to wear, you will probably still choose on the comfier side of things. At school, you're def...

7 Days of BTS pt. 1

Hello! :) Today's post is an  e x c i t i n g  one let me tell you! Well, exciting for me at least, hopefully you guys will enjoy this as much as I did! Ok so, my favorite k-pop group of all time, BTS, has 7 members, so while brainstorming for this blog post I thought WOAH what if I recreate each of their styles on each day of the week? You know how some YouTubers/Influencers/whatever will do "Outfits of the Week"? Well, this is like that! A combination of a celebrity recreation post and an OOTW post. However, because there are so many members of BTS and in order to not make this post longer than the Nile River, I decided to split this post up into two parts. For this first part, Alek (from  Beauty Overload ) and I decided to do a collaboration! She so wonderfully agreed to style, model, and photograph these outfit recreations with me and I helped her out on her blog post for this week, too, so go check it out after you read! Also, if you are unfamiliar with BTS...